Monday, February 1, 2010

Internet Safety Presentations

I am asked to create Internet Safety Presentations for different audiences. In November I presented at an area Boy Scout conference covering topics including:
• Internet Safety
• Computer Safety
• Social Networking
• Video Gaming Online
• Safety Online
• Cyberbullying and Sexting

Later on in February, I will be presenting to the Ettrick Elementary parents as part of a PTO-sponsored event.

At the end of the presentation, parents will be able to:
• Identify the pros/cons for children participating in social networks
• Access resources that will assist them in keeping social network accounts private
• Create an online agreement to share with their children

I am moving toward creating objectives and weaving in the content so I am able to specifically address a limited number of items.  In addition, I can provide a bookmark to a website or blog for parents to use to pursue additional information if they want to.  This site or blog can also provide resources for ALL parents in our school district.

No comments:

Post a Comment