Friday, August 1, 2008

Google Docs

I will be working with staff members who are interested in exploring Google Docs and application in the classroom.  Many times staff members are looking for step-by-step directions to set up a project, especially if the technology and/or software is new to them.  I understand this.   My frustration is in creating a handout and later hear that it was lost or find it in the recycling (not bad, just frustrating).  I chose to put my time and effort into adding some instruction on the G-E-T IT blog.   I can include pictures on the blog and will add some basic instructions for staff to follow as they set up their own Google account, create a document and share it with others.

I'm also using the Google Docs in Plain English video by Common Craft to introduce some of the features of the site.  What more could a user ask for besides a movie about the product, step-by-step instructions with pictures and access to the resource wherever you have the Internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment